AP: Elephant killed by electric shock
An elephant was electrocuted to death at Kotigutta in Palamaneru mandal of Chittoor district on Thursday night. A herd of 20 elephants from the Kaundinya Sanctuary (Tamil Nadu) came into the Kotigutta fields on Thursday night.
A group of elephants in the group hit a power pole and the pole broke and fell on the power lines, causing it to die of electric shock. Farmers who noticed this on Friday informed the forest department.
Along with the police, DFO Ravishankar and FRVO Srinivasan inspected the spot and conducted an autopsy on the elephant. They said the dead gunna elephant was three years old.
The rest of the elephants in the herd escaped unharmed as the power supply was cut off when the power lines were severed. The incident took place at around 10.00 pm on Thursday night and the rest of the elephants remained there until dawn on Friday for the dead elephant, local farmers said.
News of the death of the elephant reached a large number of people from nearby villages. Many women worshiped the dead elephant.
Elephants are in danger of coming again!
Its mother elephant destroyed the remaining current poles for a gunna elephant that had previously died of electric shock at Gobbillakoturu. And then the rest of the elephants roared and cried where the elephant was buried.
In the same way now that the Gunna elephant has died, the forest officials hope that the elephants on the graft will come to the same place again. Locals are demanding that the three-phase power be cut off at night.