Hyderabad: Gas leak at Shamshabad airport: Plumber dies .. Illness for two others
A man was killed in an accident while repairing drainage pipes at Shamshabad International Airport. Two others who fell ill in the incident were rushed to hospital.
According to the police report, plumbers Nagannagari Narasimhareddy (42), Zakir and Elias came for repairs after a leak in the drainage pipes of a building near the airport outpost at around 7 pm on Thursday.
Leakage was in the pipe coming from the top floor of the building so I climbed with the help of a ladder and removed some of the false ceiling and poured acid into the pipe.
Zakir and Ilias fell on the spot while Narasimhareddy suffocated to death on the spot due to a severe gas leak from the drainage pipe.
Authorities rushed them to the Apollo Hospital at the airport.