IITH announces Online MTech and MDes Program for Working Professionals, commencing this August
Seven online MTech in the following technologies along with an Online MDes Program:
- Industrial Metallurgy,
- EV Technology,
- Computational Mechanics,
- Integrated Computational Materials Engineering,
- Communication and Signals Processing (CSP),
- Power Electronics and Power System (PEPS),
- Microelectronics and VLSI (ME & VLSI)
Hyderabad: Indian Institute of Technology Hyderabad is a cradle for inventions and innovations. It advances knowledge and skill to the students in science, technology, and liberal arts. Equips them to handle the challenges of the nation and the world in the 21st century. Following this vision, the institute is pleased to announce seven online MTech programs and an online MDes program for Working Professionals starting August 2021.
Delighted with mammoth academic expansion at IIT Hyderabad, Prof. B. S. Murty, Director, IIT Hyderabad, said, “IIT Hyderabad is the Top 10 premier technical institute in the country. Last year we launched six industry-oriented MTech programs.
This year we are launching seven online MTech programs and an online MDes program. In addition, we are also launching a Dual Degree MTech program in Techno-Entrepreneurship for our BTech students. The aim is to develop human power with creativity, technology, and passion for the betterment of the country and humankind with the help of the industry.
I am delighted to share these unique and carefully architected online MTech & MDes programs for working professionals. This is the next step towards strengthening our industry-academia collaborations.
We have already taken a number of steps last year to enhance our industry interaction, through initiatives such as a semester-long BTech internship, mandatory Industry Lectures course for MTechs, industry-defined MTech projects and, also waiving the residential requirement for PhD for the industry personnel. More measures are in the offing in this direction.”
Online MTech/ MDes programs are offered in various disciplines and streams by different departments of the institute. They are based on the credit system and provide a student with a wide choice of courses. Each program comprises core and elective courses and project work. Last date to apply: July 7, 2021.
- First-class in the relevant degree (BE/ BTech/ equivalent degree with 2 years industrial experience post-qualification
For online MDes:
- First-class degree (BE/ BTech/ BS/ BDes/ BArch/ equivalent degree) with 2 years industrial experience post-qualification,
- Passed with a minimum 55% in a 4year Bachelor’s degree in Arts / Humanities or equivalent degree with 2 years industrial experience post-qualification, OR
- Passed with a minimum 55% in a 5 years Integrated Master’s degree in Arts/ Humanities or equivalent degree with 2 years industrial experience post-qualification
For more details visit, https://www.iith.ac.in/news/2021/06/22/Online-MTech-MDes-Program-for-Working-Professionals/.