AP: Establishment of Task Force for National Digital Tourism Mission of Indian Ministry of Tourism: Dr Rajat Bhargava
“It is a privilege for Andhra Pradesh Tourism nominated as a Member State in the task force for National Digital Tourism Mission.” said Dr Rajat Bhargava, Spl. Chief Secretary to Government, YAT&C, in an occasion.
The Ministry of Tourism Government of India is setting up a task force for National Digital Tourism Mission for the augmentation of digitalization in the tourism sector and to enhance opportunities for tourism enterprises to expand their market reach, growth, operational efficiencies and to sharpen their competitive edge.
The objective, setting up of task force for National Digital Tourism Mission is to identify key challenges and opportunities for digitalization in travel, hotel, catering and other service sectors co-related with tourism, also to create awareness on Digitalization of Tourism amid sub sectors.
The need to set up of National Digital Tourism Mission will be to achieve the objective of harnessing the potential of digitalization in tourism sector, which will facilitate exchange of information and services in tourism sector spreading across national and state tourism organizations, tourism service providers, tourism destinations, products, experiences and tourist.
The constituted task force has to submit a report within three months referring with the following terms:
Term which are:
- To describe the context and justification for the National Digital Tourism Mission
- To define the mission, vision, objectives and over all scope of the initiative
- To identify major stakeholders of tourism ecosystem for Digital Mission, Domain principles and Technology Principles
- To list out domain areas of high priority and of high impact
- To study the standards and regulations governing travel, tourism and hospitality
- To proposed Architecture, Principles, Roadmap, Strategies, and shared platform for promoting digitalization in the tourism sector
- To setup working groups as may be required on various architectural, technical and domain related aspects.
Speaking on this Dr Rajat Bhargava, I.A.S., Spl. Chief Secretary to Government, YAT&C said, tourism is one of the key growth engine for development and this sector has drastically effected with the outbreak of COVID-19. It is a progressive initiative by Ministry of Tourism Government of India to move towards the Digitalization of Tourism. It will provide an opportunity to boost tourism across all segments.