Ministry of Civil Aviation mandates Air Suvidha Portal for Ease of Travelling
Air Suvidha intends to provide hassle-free, queue free, and convenient air travel to all international passengers
Air Suvidha portal assisted 2,51,210 passengers from 1st to 05th Dec 2021
Over 1 crore passengers have been benefitted from the Air Suvidha portal since August 2020
To ensure the smooth passage of international travellers arriving in India, the Ministry of Civil Aviation and Ministry of Health & Family Welfare has mandated contactless self-declaration at Air Suvidha Portal. The Air Suvidha portal was launched in August 2020 and now has been strengthened to accommodate travel guidelines issued on 30 November 2021. Air Suvidha is first of its kind digital portal for easing international passenger arrival in India. This portal developed by MOCA aids passengers in providing their details of travel and final stay along with RTPCR, Vaccination status etc. In today’s time, this helps state officials in contact tracing. The implementation of the Air Suvidha intends to provide hassle-free, queue free, and convenient air travel to all international passengers arriving in India. Air Suvidha portal has already assisted2,51,210 passengers from 1st Dec 2021 to 05th Dec 2021 since the updating of the new travel guidelines on 30th November 2021. Furthermore, over1 crore passengershave been benefitted from the Air Suvidha portal since its launch in August 2020.
To ensure the necessary prevention of the Omicron variant of the COVID-19 virus, the exemption forms from the Air Suvidha portal have been discontinued, and filling of the details have been made compulsory for all international passengers arriving in India.All international passengers arriving in India are mandated to declare their current health status prior to boarding on the Air Suvidha Portal along with the required documents: Copy of Passport, PCR Negative Certificate from a Test conducted within 72 hours of departure and the Vaccination Certificate. For immigration, the copy received in e-mail is essential on arrival in India and has to be verified at the APHO counter.
Updates made to make Air Suvidha friendlier for passengers and health/State officials
- All applications from ‘at risk’ countries are marked with H and red band and others are green. This helps in smooth on arrival segregation and processing. This list is dynamically updated to keep up with MOHFW updates.
- Application also takes into account countries visited in the last 14 days to highlight ‘at risk’ applications. This field is also made into multi-select drop-down option for standardization.
- Standardization of fields by providing drop-down list E.g. district and state for address.
- Updated FAQ list and customer care link along with the latest advisory at the start of the portal.
- For ‘At Risk’ countries passengers are advised to pre-book their test on arrival test and the link to respective testing facility is provided to the passengers on SDF submission.
All international passengers are mandated to follow the below measures arriving/transiting from Countries at-risk
- Submit self-declaration form on Air Suvidha portal
- Upload negative RT-PCR report (conducted within 72 hrs. before the journey)
- Post-arrival COVID-19 test at arriving Airport (self-paid)
- Home quarantine for 7 days,
- Re-test on the 8th day and if negative, self-health monitoring for next 7 days
List of Countries from where travellers would need to follow additional measures on arrival in India,including post-arrival testing (Countries at-risk)(Updated as on 6th December 2021)
- Countries in Europe including The United Kingdom
- South Africa
- New Zealand
- Hong Kong
Air Suvidha Portal Link: https://www.newdelhiairport.in/airsuvidha/apho-registration
For more details, visit: https://bit.ly/NewTravelGuidelinesOct2021